Instructions are also available as a Video
1. Get the Software
- Download and install the software from here.
- Open the ‘OpenVPN Connect installer’ to start the installation.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Please read the licensing terms. Then click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Agree’ to accept the licensing terms.
- Click ‘Install’ to proceed.
- Enter your device password, if you have one configured, and click ‘Install Software’.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Click ‘Close’ to end the installation process.
- If your device asks, click ‘Move to Trash’ to clean up the installer file.
- Rightclick (ctrl+click) ‘OpenVPN Connect’ and eject it.
- In the system tray, the OpenVPN Connect Client is now ready for use.
2. Add a VPN Configuration
- Download the openvpn configuration files uwc-udp.ovpn and uwc-tcp.ovpn. Safari renames the files with a .txt extension. Please rename the file by removing the .txt part of the filename. It is recommended to use either Firefox or Chrome to download the files.
- Right click on the OpenVPN Connect icon and select import file ...
- Select your downloaded file uwc-udp.ovpn or uwc-tcp.ovpn
- Import the configuration files
- To log in to the UWC VPN server, right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon at the bottom right-hand corner and choose uwc-udp, then Connect.
- Alternatively, choose uwc-tcp, then Connect.
- The OpenVPN User Authentication will appear. Enter your UWC network login and password (same account used to log into Ikamva)
- Click on the OK button to log in.
- You are now connected through the UWC VPN.
- To disconnect, right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the bottom right of your screen and choose Disconnect.